Luck of the Lakes Raffle – 2020
You could win the trip of a lifetime or $10,000 cash!
Imagine yourself on the deck of a 1,000-foot freighter as it steams across the vast waters of Lake Superior. Pretend for a moment you’re watching a giant vessel work through the locks at Sault Ste. Marie. Envision a tour of the engine room and the pilothouse—something very few of the general public will ever see. Picture yourself tasting the world-famous Great Lakes Freighter meals specially prepared from an Interlake chef.
Can’t quite picture it? Unless you’ve taken a Great Lakes freighter trip, it can be hard to appreciate how incredible it really is. See for yourself by watching the short video below. If a freighter trip really isn’t for you, there is always the option to take $10,000 cash!
You simply have nothing to lose! This is your chance for a trip of a lifetime OR a $10,000 cash prize. PLUS, every cent earned goes to support our mission, to preserve and make known the history of the great lakes.
Now, more than ever, your support is vital.
Your purchase ensures our continued operations during these difficult times. With over $80,000 of lost revenue due to forced closure over the COVID-19 pandemic, your Luck of the Lakes raffle ticket supports the National Museum of the Great Lakes during an unprecedented time of need.
Tickets can be purchased until noon on Saturday, September 26, 2020. The drawing is held the evening of Saturday, September 26, 2020 at our H2Oh! Gala. You do not need to be present to win. There are three ways to enter:
- Purchase your raffle ticket(s) online.
- Download, complete, and mail back this entry form.
- Call the National Museum of the Great Lakes at 419.214.5000.
You could win:
- GRAND PRIZE: Interlake Steamship Company Freighter Trip for 4-6 people for 4-6 days (or $10,000 cash)*
- RUNNER UP: J.W. Westcott Trip – Deliver mail to freighters on the only floating zip code in the U.S. with 4-6 friends ($500 cash)**
- THIRD PRIZE: 6 tickets for the 2021 Luck of the Lakes Raffle
* Interlake Freighter trip must be used in the 2021 season. Arrival and departure times may vary. Passengers must be 18 years of age, in good health, and able to negotiate a 45 ft. aluminum ladder to board most commercial vessels. Winners have the option to take $10,000 cash in replace of the freighter trip.
** J.W. Westcott Day trip must be used in the 2021 season. In replace of the trip, winners may select a $500 cash prize.
NOTE: Raffle drawing date is subject to possible delays based on current community health conditions.